In 2003 the name of the Center was officially changed to the International Hurricane Research Center to better describe our mission as a research facility rather than an operations center.
- Research: Top Priority at FIU’s Hurricane Center
To discover more about our research please have a look at each of our four laboratories that make up the IHRC.
- Laboratory for Coastal Research
- Laboratory for Social and Behavioral Research
- Laboratory for Insurance, Financial, and Economic Res earch
- Laboratory for Wind Engineering Research
The All About Hurricanes section includes information on historical hurricanes, typical meteorology, as well as contains an interactive GIS application, Hurricane Hazard pamphlet and a Get Ready Guide for the hurricane season.
Please feel free to contact us with comments or suggestions.